Old 28-08-2016, 10:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeßus[_16_] Jeßus[_16_] is offline

Default over winter crops?

On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 23:06:58 -0700, T wrote:

Hi All,

Other than Garlic, which I already do, are their
any other crops to plant over winter in a snow
and freezing environment?

Broad/fava beans? Not sure how cold it gets where you are but I
currently have broad beans growing in -6°C. I do plant in mid to late
autumn though. I also grow a 'green manure' crop at the same time,
which mostly consists of things like lupins, mustard, oats etc.