Old 29-08-2016, 02:06 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default over winter crops?

On 08/28/2016 02:31 PM, Je�us wrote:
On Fri, 26 Aug 2016 23:06:58 -0700, T wrote:

Hi All,

Other than Garlic, which I already do, are their
any other crops to plant over winter in a snow
and freezing environment?

Broad/fava beans? Not sure how cold it gets where you are but I
currently have broad beans growing in -6°C. I do plant in mid to late
autumn though. I also grow a 'green manure' crop at the same time,
which mostly consists of things like lupins, mustard, oats etc.

Broadbeans (fava beans), mature seeds, raw
http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/...roducts/4321/2

1 cup:
Glycemic load: 28
calories: 512 KCal
Carbs: 84 grams

My limits are 10 max per day load, 1600 KCal per day,
and 15 grams max per meal (60 max per day).

Rats!

Beans also have weird things in them too that mess with
a Primal's digestion.

Thank you anyway. Yes, I find myself annoying at times too.

Is there anything like garlic that over winters?