Old 29-08-2016, 01:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Tim R Tim R is offline

Default wasp nest and Clorox

On Sunday, August 28, 2016 at 11:07:03 PM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
"Tim R" wrote in message ...
On Friday, August 26, 2016 at 1:12:09 PM UTC-4, Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney wrote:
Some feller, maybe a different group.... was going on and on about how he lived near a nest of poisonous snakes, and even though his small children were playing in the same area, he would not kill one.

Myself, I will pick up a spider in the house and drop him outside and chase off harmless garden varmints, etc. But -- and this is a big butt -- when I see a black widow around the house or a rattler, rat, tick, flea, .... I don't call PETA.

Sometimes you gotta remember the Three S's.

Shoot. Shovel. Shut up.

Most people screw up the third one.

Yep. Unbelievable as it is, possums are protected around here, at least in my town. Coyotes too - until they hit the rich neighborhood, then the law magically changed. Saw a coyote about sunrise one day last week trotting down the sidewalk, ignoring the pack of crows chasing him. Fine looking animals.

Funny thing about those crows.

They're always on the road scarfing up road kill. But you never see a roadkilled crow.

Here's why.

They always leave one crow up in a tree, to yell "Car! Car! Car!"