Old 29-08-2016, 10:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Ping George: How do I harvest pepper seeds?

Hi George and Everyone,

I do love my Chimayo (New Mexico Red) peppers. I buy
them dried from the local Mexican store. They are
FULL of seeds. I tried sprouting these seeds and got
zip, nothing. So something is wrong.

Well now. I have a lovely Sandia (an heirloom Chimayo)
growing in my garden that I adore. I would like
to sprout peppers from it next year.

What is the proper method of collecting the seeds?
Let the pods turn red first before picking? Dry them?
I have no clue.

Many thanks,
-T