Old 30-08-2016, 02:08 PM posted to rec.gardens
azigni azigni is offline

Default lilac problem - leaves drop off

On 2016-08-27 21:42:30 +0000, azigni said:
-
Can't say for sure, but here in Albuquerque this happens from lack of
water. Generally when it starts it's too late for half the leaves.-

I was going to suggest overwatering as a possible etiology.

Thanks for replies but lack of water possible -- will shoot out there to
remedy! thanks again. karaman.

Yes, when I put in lilacs my family in Minnesota thought I was silly, as
they grow like weeds there. Here in Albuquerque, I was doubtful they
would survive. Now they are over 15 years old, and barely chest high.

Good luck.