Old 30-08-2016, 03:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default lilac problem - leaves drop off

azigni wrote:
karaman wrote:
Amos Nomore wrote:
azigni said:

Can't say for sure, but here in Albuquerque this happens from lack of
water. Generally when it starts it's too late for half the leaves.-

I was going to suggest overwatering as a possible etiology.

Thanks for replies but lack of water possible -- will shoot out there to
remedy! thanks again. karaman.

Yes, when I put in lilacs my family in Minnesota thought I was silly, as
they grow like weeds there. Here in Albuquerque, I was doubtful they
would survive. Now they are over 15 years old, and barely chest high.

There are many varieties of lilac, some grow no more than 2' tall
while others can achieve a 15'-20' height, with similar widths. Lilac
is also available in several colors from pure white to deep purple.
http://www.gardenersnet.com/lilac/lilac06.htm
http://www.naturehills.com/nsearch/?q=lilacs
I just ordered this one for fall planting,
I wasn't aware of a yellow lilac:
http://www.naturehills.com/lilac-primrose