Old 01-09-2016, 03:26 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default ping songbird: a theory to run by you

On 8/31/2016 3:22 PM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
I have buried avocado pits. So far they have not sprouted.

not a cold loving plant IIRC.

i sprouted some once in some pots, but they
get big.

chopping the pits up keeps them from sprouting
and i hope they will make good worm food as that's
what i've done with some here.

they have an interesting yellow color when
oxidized.

songbird

We have young avocado trees coming up every where. Seems they don't
compost easily. We also have a lemon tree about three feet tall now. We
had one in Louisiana and must have brought some seeds with us. This
lemon is actually a cross between a lemon and a grapefruit, they have
fruit the size of a large grapefruit but taste like lemons. I'm hoping
this one will survive as we used to make a lot of lemon jelly, put up
lemon juice, etc.

We're waiting to see about the avocados, they need males and females to
make fruit, surely there is a variety of sexes there.

Miz Anne's sisters flew in from Maryland today. Big wedding in the
family here very soon so the whole crew is showing up.