Old 02-09-2016, 06:56 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default ping songbird: a theory to run by you

On 08/31/2016 01:19 PM, songbird wrote:
I had too many zukes this weeks. I had to freeze some
of what I cooked. Things are looking up!

great to hear. what else are you growing besides
zuchini?

Hi Songbird,

Well now. That will get me talking!

7 sweet 100 cherry tomatoes
2 Box Car Willie tomatoes
1 Ace (1/2 price) tomato

1 poblano (ancho) chili
2 Sandia Chimayo (new mexico red) peppers
1 is still sick, the other is covered with peppers.
I am going out of my mind waiting for them to turn red.

garlic
red shallots

purslane

two eggplants (1 free and 1 half price)

two sunflowers (blew in wild)

7 tomatillo (6 wild, 1 Amarillo that escaped the earwigs)

2 cantaloupes (they are not doing too well)

1 rosemary (alive, but not growing)

Not for eating: two Ponderosa pines about 18" high

Front yard is full of hollyhocks. They have mostly gone
to seed, but I still have a few flowers. My front yard
was gorgeous when they were all in bloom.

They have made a slave out of me: More water! Less water!
I'm too hot! I'm to cold! What are you doing with my offspring?
A bug! A bug! A bug! Bring me my slippers!

Okay, that last one may be a certain particular funny bunny
that seems to like me for the last 42 years.

-T