Old 05-09-2016, 01:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Bizarre sources of firewood

In article , says...

In article ,
David Rance wrote:

I finally cropped and dug up my magenta spreen today, to stop it
seeding, and shredded it. But it made me wonder how many people
dry and use the stems of things like it, brassicas etc. for
firewood. Anyone here do that?

I've made a walking stick out of a Jersey cabbage but haven't tried
burning it. Wouldn't it smell unpleasant?

That's what my wife asked, too. I doubt it, but haven't tried.

I've thrown sturdy brassica stalks on the bonfire and ISTR they do
whiff.
Might be okay in an enclosed woodstove but I don't reckon essence de
chou will catch on as a scented candle.

Janet