Old 05-09-2016, 03:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Bizarre sources of firewood

In article ,
lid says...

On Sun, 4 Sep 2016 19:17:05 Nick Maclaren wrote:

I finally cropped and dug up my magenta spreen today, to stop it
seeding, and shredded it. But it made me wonder how many people
dry and use the stems of things like it, brassicas etc. for
firewood. Anyone here do that?

I've made a walking stick out of a Jersey cabbage but haven't tried
burning it. Wouldn't it smell unpleasant?

David

I vaguely recall in the dim and distant past that they used to
make walking sticks out of sprout stalks

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales