Old 11-09-2016, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Mo' Rain

Late last night we received a blessing of rain, about 1.7 inches in two
hours. Just the right amount to perk the gardens and trees up again. Now
we have to mow again, probably tomorrow if we don't get mo' rain.

We've been harvesting so many sweet peppers they go straight to the
church pantry that day. Now the okra is kicking in big time and we have
to pick daily or the fruit gets woody. Lots of that is also going to the
pantry as we have a freezer full of okra already.

This has been a pretty good gardening year but not as good as a few
years ago when all the plants went crazy. Some crowder peas fell off the
vines earlier this year and have made vines, the darned things are eight
or ten feet long and starting to produce. We may get a second crop after
all. The Japanese eggplant is also going crazy, making so much fruit we
can't keep up with it so it is off to the pantry too.

Tilly Dawg is finally getting better, not so much sneezing, coughing and
scaring the hell out of me. She is still on a steroid and a antibiotic
pill. She has lost three lbs so that should make the vet happy. We will
be going there tomorrow afternoon for a needed shot and some heart worm
meds. Tilly will excited until we get there and then she will start
shaking. She gets over it quick as the vet and helpers are all nice
people. She will soon get to the point where she will just go in and go
to an examination room as she did in Louisiana.

George