View Single Post
  #7   Report Post  
Old 12-09-2016, 11:38 AM posted to rec.gardens
external usenet poster

First recorded activity by GardenBanter: Dec 2014
Default Electric chainsaws

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message ...
"J. Clarke" wrote in message ...
In article , Snuffy-Hub-
says...

I need a chainsaw 18-inch for a small one-time job, and found several corded versions online, which is what I want. These have decent reviews. I don't want battery, can't use gas at this location. Anyone used either of these or know another one in the $120 or less range?

Remington RM1840W
18" 12-Amp corded electric
Reviews say available at these stores, but they are no longer available at them:
Sears $101
Walmart $89
Home Depot $89

Greenworks GW20332
18-in 14.2A corded electric
Available online order only:
HomeDepot $89

According to the Sears site, the Crafstman 34120 is in stock in all
stores near me and on sale for under 100 bucks. Mine has cut everything
I've tried.

- Thanks JC & AZ. I went to HD, Lowes, Walmart - all of which advertised 18-inch corded units. What none of the said in the ad was that all were internet-order only. Just got back with the Sears Craftsman. I'll post the model later and how it works out after a couple of days of cutting.

Craftsman 34102 is the one I got and it worked great. I first cut up some dry timber 8-12-inch diameter that had been felled a year ago. Cutting was clean and quick - 5-10 sections per cut.

Also cut a 14-in dia palm trunk. Also did a good job, even with all the fibers clogging things up.

Only thing wrong with the manual is doesn't show how to take off the cover and replaced it. After spending a fair amount of time figuring it out on my own, I see that it's simple to do. Good procedure would have helped. I had to clean out the fibers after each cut and it took me some time to figure out how to do it. Otherwise an excellent manual - written in "real" English with good illustrations. I like the "real" safety and operation tips it has and not just the usual disclaimers and legal crap.

Website has some videos of the using the saw
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-elect...p-07134120000P