Old 13-09-2016, 02:56 PM
Mila2015 Mila2015 is offline
Registered User

Default Cherry Laurel with powdery mildew and shothole

Hello,
I need your wisdom and advise. We live in London and have a mature Cherry Laurel hedge in front of our house, currently at 8ft tall. For the past year or two it is unfortunately suffering badly from powdery mildew and shothole .
We haven't done much about it as we read there isn't much you can do to cure it. We don't have a gardener and we usually trim the hedge once a year in late spring when the new leafs become too much. Unfortunately this leaves us with the old, damaged leafs for the summer.
A gardening company is doing some work currently in houses near us and they noticed our sick hedge and offered to hard trim it, removing the damaged leafs ( most of them now ). My question is this: is now a good time for hard trimming of Cherry Laurel hedge? When is the best time to do it and try to improve the overall health and minimize the powdery mildew effect and the shothole?
Any advise will be much appreciated.

Mila