Old 15-09-2016, 09:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Rain on the way at last for East Anglia

On 15/09/2016 18:21, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

I realise the west side of the country has already had plenty of rain,

That's one way of putting it. Yesterday I picked some peas which had
sprouted roots in the pods.

but
over here on the lump it seems to have missed us so far.

Send me a long enough hosepipe and I'll pipe you a supply.

Janet, Isle of Arran.

Here overlooking Swansea Bay we have had almost 4 inches in the last 2
weeks, with the water running off the fields above me, the ground is at
capacity.
It's the worst year I have ever had for runner beans, 6 sowings and I
have just had 2 pickings, after this last lot of rain the ones I am
picking have shed almost every leaf, My last sowing which should now be
around 3 to 4ft tall still haven't started to climb, so I am going to
lift some of them and grow them on inside in the bags I used for potatoes.
Nothing to loose.
David on the waterlogged side of Swansea Bay