Old 17-09-2016, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Sweet corn devastation

In article , says...

"Janet G" wrote

I'm wondering what has completely stripped in a few hours, probably
overnight, my complete sweetcorn crop.

I think it can only be a fox or Muntjac as there are no larger animals in
this area (south Lincolnshire) that I know of.

There is trampling underfoot and the surprising thing is that some of the
stalks Have been chewed more than five feet above the ground. Could either
animal cause damage so high up?

If you don't have larger deer, how about feral goats

We have had rodents, probably rats, chewing the cobs 5ft above the ground
but they don't trample underfoot. Any hoof or claw or foot marks in the
ground?

Or poos, often a useful ID

Janet.