Old 18-09-2016, 08:43 PM posted to rec.gardens
Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney Snuffy \Hub Cap\ McKinney is offline

Default Fall Ground Treatment

"Snuffy "Hub Cap" McKinney" wrote in message ...
Greeting fellow garden fans,

What's the best type of grass seed and method to get some grass on this section of the yard?

I've got a 300 sq ft section of yard that is partially under a pine tree and partly under a cherry tree. At this time of the year, it gets direct sunlight from 7-10am and from 12n-2pm. The ground was covered with pine needles until a month ago when I raked it clean. Good soil, but just water has not produced any new grass.

Rough sketch of the area
http://i63.tinypic.com/2enuomq.gif