Old 22-09-2016, 06:14 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Tree to identify

On 2016-09-19 06:05:35 +0000, Al Tprk said:

Hello all,

Yet one more plant to identify please!

Here is the leaf and the fruit:

https://plus.google.com/collection/I6Q-jB

My friend from France says it may be what he termed a "Japanese apple".

But search for "pomme japonaise" did not reveal any fruits similar to
the one I posted...

Al

(I think I am in Sunset zone 15.)

Looks like a pomegranate to me.

Hello Amos,

No, it is not a pomegranate. It is the size of a large jujube only.

Al

Guess it could be a strawberry guava - they're sometimes nearly flat on
the end. They can grow where you live -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psidium_cattleyanum

Did you eat it?

Np, I have not. My roommate keeps bringing these fruits and leaves. He encounters them during his walks around the neighborhood, mostly in public spaces... He asks me to taste them, but without knowing what they are I refuse to eat them...

Al

You could take the fruit and leaf to a local nursery (in the UK, garden
center) and ask if they can identify it.

--
Donald Trump claims everyone likes him. Does that
include his ex-wives? How about the students who