Old 25-09-2016, 10:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Managing thick grass in overgrown orchard

In article ,
Janet wrote:

That's not so. All you have to do is to ensure that the branches are
higher than the browsing height or the tree is protected to that height.

On the contrary, they will all eat smooth young bark on younf trees as
a delicacy even in midsummer when there's ample alternative food.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/fr/infd-6k4kaf

Please read what I posted originally. I don't know how you think
smooth young bark can appear at ground level on older trees, except
for suckering ones, where the animals will help by pruning off the
suckers. The techniques for combining orchards and grazing are both
ancient and well-known.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.