Old 26-09-2016, 12:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Fredxxx Fredxxx is offline

Default Managing thick grass in overgrown orchard

On 25/09/2016 21:46, Syke wrote:
On 25/09/2016 17:20, Janet wrote:
In article , says...

In article ,
Janet wrote:

That's not so. All you have to do is to ensure that the branches
are
higher than the browsing height or the tree is protected to that
height.

On the contrary, they will all eat smooth young bark on younf trees as
a delicacy even in midsummer when there's ample alternative food.

That was not written in reply to what you quote above it. You have
removed what I DID reply to:

Here is the exchange;

You wrote

Well, of course. I was assuming that the stock were not overcrowded
and neglected. Except perhaps for goats, no domestic livestock (or
even deer, hares and rabbits) will eat bark if any better food is
available.

I wrote

On the contrary, they will all eat smooth young bark on younf trees as
a delicacy even in midsummer when there's ample alternative food.

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/fr/infd-6k4kaf

Please read what I posted originally. I don't know how you think
smooth young bark can appear at ground level on older trees,

I don't, and haven't said that.

Perhaps if YOU paid more attention to what you posted, you wouldn't
jump to false conclusions about what I posted.

Janet

I have to say that this Newsgroup is one of the few left that doesn't
feature sniping and flaming. Could we possibly keep it that way, please?

Can we bottom post as per newsgroup convention?

I feel it's unfortunate you felt obliged to reply to Janet. She have her
experience and backed it up with a link to a respected website.

While there seems a difference of opinion, where one party ups the anti
with no link to backup their stance they would normally be called a troll.

This is my first and last post in this thread.