Old 04-10-2016, 11:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Which is lighter, an electric or petrol chainsaw ?

On Sat, 01 Oct 2016, Brooklyn1 wrote:

They weigh about the same but with electic you need to consider the
electric cord is cumbersome and add the weight of any extention cord
and the drag it places when moving about... however it's really a no
brainer, petrol is superior in power and portability.

With a total property of 20' x 100' my $50 electric does just fine. But
there is the cost of the extension cord. Most people don't buy a thick
enough gauge one for the amperage the saw draws.

I've found the best deals on heavy extension cords at Harbor Freight.
Especially for one that isn't used often.