Old 06-10-2016, 12:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Freeze alert

T wrote:
I am thinking of throwing all the dead plants
on the bottom of my onion beds (which I am still
digging out). Should I throw them in the bin instead
or is there no danger of spreading disease?

buried is what worms like. disease is just
nature's way of making sure we aren't smothered
by what she grows. things have a life cycle.
disease is a part of that. buried, the soil
microbes and the rest of the soil community
deal with it, turn it into humus.

crop rotation is good for many reasons.

songbird