Old 09-10-2016, 08:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default Lemon Aid please

wrote in message

We have had a lemon tree in a pot for a number of years. We bring it in
over the winter but last year put it in a place without enough life. It
lost many leaves and suffered some die back before we noticed. However,
this summer it has recovered outside and has put on a lot of new growth.

My problem is that it has stopped flowering, we used to get quite a lot of
fruit off it. Is it just a question of time?

They do that if they suffer a serious problem. One of our lemon trees is
only just starting to fruit after a few years of rest and growth after a
similar winter problem where I allowed it to get too dry. A tahiti lime is
only now recovering, it's flowering well, from over fruiting some years ago
when we had 32 full sized limes on a 3ft high plant.

BTW they are the two best citrus to grow in the UK, you get full sized
usable fruit off them. Just remember they are gross feeders (in the summer)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.