Old 19-10-2016, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Baltimore Heat Wave

Pavel314 wrote:
I did some cement work on Sunday for the same reason; great minds think alike.

what did you work on?

it looks to have cured nicely. i'm letting it
dry out now as we have cold nights coming later
in the week.

when they poured the slab for the garage they
did not slant the front lip where the garage
door is at downwards to drain. so at times
during heavy rains it has leaked water back
into the garage. last year i put a narrow
ledge to keep the water out behind the garage
door and that mostly worked other than a bit
of it did not stick to the slab and so i
tried again later but that part was too late
and didn't cure right and also did not stick.

the new version i did is much wider and
looks to have stuck. also looks much nicer
overall.

today was beautiful out there, i got the
tomato plants buried so that garden area is
2/3rds done. still have to get the cucumber
area cleaned up/weeded and all that buried
but that will go much more quickly as it is
a much smaller area and the soil has already
been conditioned well.

songbird