Old 29-10-2016, 08:45 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default first snow/sleet

On 10/29/2016 8:47 AM, songbird wrote:
Pavel314 wrote:
We had our first frost last night (October 26-27), north of Baltimore. They're predicting in the high 70's in a few days, then cooling again.

Reminds me of the joke about why Cleveland (where I grew up) is located where it is. When Moses Cleveland was in a boat exploring Lake Erie, a storm blew up. They pulled into the mouth of the Cuyahoga River and Moses said, "We'll wait here until the weather improves."

all joking aside, the river meeting the
lake is often a place chosen for an old city.

i think we are going to do foam work today
while it is warm enough outside.

songbird

What exactly are we foaming? It's fairly nice here at 1442 hours, light
breeze blowing, which is helpful. I started Tilly's fall brushing
yesterday, so far a plastic bag full of dog hair has come off her. Once
it is all off, that which doesn't blow across the garden with the wind,
will be buried around one of the fruit trees. A good source of nitrogen
with a little work. I think I saw fall peaking in on us last night but
I'm not 100% sure yet.

George