Old 04-11-2016, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pheasant Berry seeds

On 04/11/16 10:43, Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
I managed to grab a bunch of the berries from a Pheasant Berry bush in a
local wood, hoping to grow one. What ought I to do with them now? Can
the seeds, removed from the fruit, now be grown indoors? Or are they
the sort of thing that needs to spend a winter in the soil?

It spreads like a weed, so it won't make any difference. If you have
enough berries, you can try both. But as it is hardy, I'd just put the
seeds in a pot, put it outside, and forget about it until spring when
you should see the seedlings start to grow.

By the way, in my experience it's not a long-lived shrub - maybe a dozen
or so years before it starts going into decline.

--

Jeff