Old 11-11-2016, 11:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Tomato questions?

Hi All,

We have has several big wind storm come through
and they blew down, rather, bend over some of my
wire tomato cages. And we have had several freezing
night.

Odd, the tomatoes that blew over did not die. (Everything
else did.)

1) Do I even need cages for tomatoes? They grow
out over the top and then all over the place. Should
I just give up on the cages?

2) does on the ground protect tomatoes from freezing?
Or is this just some odd placement thing I am missing.

Many thanks,
-T