Old 25-11-2016, 06:00 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default not a creature was stirring

On 11/25/2016 9:08 AM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
Ours will be Sunday, half the grands will be working today, eldest
grandson drives a UPS truck, the next one down is an elevator mechanic
and has a big job today and tomorrow. There will be sixteen of us in a
1400 square foot house with six kids in that crew, some little ones will
certainly be running around under foot and making lots of noise. Eldest
grandson has four daughters and the next one down has two sons. It's
going to be noisy and lots of fun and good food. Guess who taught our
daughter to cook?

George, up early again giving the allergic dawg her meds.

we are in the lull between generations now, the younger
ones are just getting married and thinking about having
kids. us older ones are happily whatever. the noisy time
is the idiot dog barking.

hope y'alls have a great time!

songbird

We generally do have a great time. I keep telling my kids and grands
that "I made you, I can kill you and make another one." I don't think
the grands are afraid anymore, two men and a woman, all in their early
thirties, all over six feet tall and above 200 lbs, I'm not sure if they
think they can take me nowadays. G The great grands are still to young
to worry about, eldest just turned sixteen but the rest are younger.
When I met Miz Anne in 1958 I never dreamed we would have such a large,
extended family. I even like the spousal units they have, all good women
and men, hard workers too.

Sometimes they show up when we're doing heavy lifting and make us sit in
chairs and watch how they work. It doesn't get any better than having
descendants that truly love you and vice versa.

I'm slowing down again, partially paralyzed body parts just aren't
cooperating any more but I'm still getting around, Thank goodness for
electric carts at the supermarket. Went in, as usual, for our Friday
grub shopping. Mr. Kroger sent me $40 of checks and we saved over $70
with all the coupons, etc.

Wife discovered we were out of booze with the exception of Jim Beam
whiskey. Bought a half gallon of vodka, a quart of tequila, and a quart
of rum. And I don't even drink the stuff. I reckon she got enough to
last as long as the last bunch, which, I think, we bought 20 years ago.
Booze sure went up in price over 20 years. It's not that I'm against
alcohol but I am diabetic and Native American too. That stuff could
either kill me or make me kill someone else. BSEG

It warmed up again today, heavy, dark clouds out there and we are hoping
for some more rain. So far this month we've had almost two inches and
that's not enough.

Cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, etc. all growing like crazy, looks
to be another good winter crop. Problem is that we have 30 cubic feet of
freezer and it is all full. I don't think we will go hungry for awhile.

George