Old 28-11-2016, 03:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Ecnerwal Ecnerwal is offline

Default not a creature was stirring

In article ,
George Shirley wrote:

Yesterday dear wife and I had toasted cheese sandwiches and a piece of
cake from the store. She worked all day doing about fifteen fruit cakes,
which is her normal thing before Christmas.

Our toasted cheese was with mustard - close enough to Welsh
rabbit/raebit that I basically never bother with the actual thing. Other
than that, a lot of "clean out the freezer" eating has been going on as
we discover various things lurking in there.

Fruit cake - no wonder she needs booze...though I guess that sort is
actually all done baking by summer so it can marinate until wintertime.
I'd like to get my pseudonym and address included on an informational
note inside all the fruitcakes that may end up at places with the
stereotypical/cartoon-ish response (inedibility) to fruitcakes, as a
designated safe haven to ship them to where they will be appreciated. I
like them quite well, though what I usually bake is a stollen.