Old 01-12-2016, 10:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BobHobden BobHobden is offline

Default Carrot fly

"Nick Maclaren" wrote

I planted my carrots under mesh, which worked, but removed it
in October because my understanding was that they were an August
problem. However, they are now significantly damaged. Is this
likely to be due to October attacks, or would be be me having
let some in earlier?

I've noticed we only get damage very late in the season so I'm not convinced
about timings as per the books. Indeed it was only last week that we saw the
first signs of damage this year. Of course it may be that it was caused
earlier but only shows later.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.