Old 04-12-2016, 03:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default Rain

Derald wrote:
Well, maybe there is hope for us across the Gulf from you, then.
We had approx 0.75 in. during October and 0.00 in November. Autumn is
one of our two normal "dry" seasons but, really.... The natterheads at
the local NPR station are going on this morning about a cold front
(maybe yours?)

maybe ours getting down there. later this week
we have overnight temps getting down into the low
20s in the forecast. hope it doesn't make it down
that far!

bringing rain early next week. I'll cover the firewood
and cross my fingers but won't hold my breath, to the chagrin of many, I
am sure ;-)

cheers! had my first cup of hot chocolate
with green chili curry paste in it this morning.
have to start small (just a little bit for a
large mug, i work my way up to about a teaspoon
eventually). just a hint of heat/flavor but it
keeps the sinuses open and the blood nicely
warmed up along with the chocolate. i put enough
chocolate in there that it's also pretty much
breakfast. i went all day until after we got
back from the walk before i got hungry. in my
other recent readings i found out that chocolate,
candy bars, candle wax have about the same energy
as gasoline. at least the chocolate does
taste better. there's been a few times where
i've swallowed and burped small amounts of
gasoline. ucky...

songbird