Old 05-12-2016, 08:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Rain

On 12/5/2016 7:38 AM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
Otherwise I need to make a library run as that is what I do in the
winter, read a lot of Science Fiction and history. Oh yeah, a lot of
naps too.

we had our first actual snow last night that stuck.

nobody hit the ditch though, Sunday evening, i think
the bar closes earlier.

i just put in a request for a more recent edition of
the microbiology text so i have something for a few
weeks that isn't light reading. i alternate between
fantasy, science fiction, history, science and other
topics.

songbird

I only read scifi, the rest I had to do in high school and college and
burned me out. Luckily our library system covers the whole state of
Texas for getting books, sometimes it takes two weeks for them to show up.

The rain seems to have stopped with a bit over 4 inches, so far. Foggy
outside at 1435 and supposed to get down to the low thirties this week,
just for a bit though.

We're well stocked in case of a blizzard G, and there's plenty of dog
food too. I vaguely remember snow from when I lived on the East Coast,
that's scary stuff for a southern lad.