Old 10-12-2016, 01:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Soup

On 12/08/2016 02:56 PM, George Shirley wrote:
Going to freeze tonight according to the weather heads. We went ahead
and picked as much delicate stuff in the garden that we could. Then a
thought hit, how about soup?

Cabbage, onion's, tomatoes, whatever was in danger. Washed them all,
prepped, made a soup, looks and smells nice, most likely will taste very
good. In addition we have the other half of a ribeye steak we had last
night to go with plus I just made a small loaf of multigrain bread
today. Even the dog like the smell.

We've disconnected the hoses from the faucets, drained them, then put
the foam covers on the faucets, just in case. I suspect we won't get a
hard freeze but it will be right at freezing temperature by dawn
tomorrow. First time in almost three years for a freeze, hopefully the
weather heads got it wrong again. G

George

Stay warm and dry! Soup is pure comfort food!