Old 11-12-2016, 11:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Rabbit Fence

On 09/12/2016 09:36, Derek wrote:
On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 18:08:38 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

Here on the 'Growing Plot.' we have a few bunnies,

How big is the plot?

Approximate 2.5 acres, but we will only be protecting a quarter of
that at this time.
We can see we need a barrier, which is sunk into the ground, but the
height we are not sure of.
Another problem, is putting large posts in very fine river loam, as
its like putting a stake into a bag of compost, goes in very very
easy, comes out even easier. (but the soil is great for growing stuff
in)

I am surprised that no one has said Electric rabbit netting,
It is more expensive initially but you can often get hold of second hand
or refurbished units and you can always get an extra roll of netting if
you want to enlarge the area you are protecting. You don't have to dig
in any netting or hammer in posts.
It is quick and easy to install.
I have had mine now for 5 years and it not only keeps out the rabbits
but also foxes, badgers and any other animal that wants to wander over
your plot.
With wire netting, if a badger decides it wants to get in , say for your
sweet corn then you can say good bye to a stretch of your netting.
Have a look at a few sites on Google (other browsers are available)

http://www.electricfencing.co.uk/electricnetting.asp

David @ a rain free side of Swansea Bay