Old 13-12-2016, 03:01 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default A foggy morning

Slept in this morning, a rare occurrence. Woke up to a light fog and
some of yesterday's leftover rain. It is 64F out there and may have a
decent winter morning.

The three year old sweet pepper is, again, loaded with small peppers and
the tomatoes are still getting bigger. We had a lettuce (several
varieties) and tomato salad yesterday, very nice in the middle of
winter. The eggplant are still producing and all of the fall greens are
growing like weeds.

I really need to prune the fruit trees but the ag agent says wait until
just before everything buds out. As it is the fruit trees still have
leaves, none have fallen as yet. Still picking a few kumquats along but
not much longer.

We've been getting just the right amount of rain for the last two months
and there may be more coming. I do like free water but not to much of it.

We wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We're all going
to the home of son-in-law's eldest son's home this year, our first time
at his place but, then, they have a new baby so it will be fun.

George