Old 19-12-2016, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Leaf fall this year

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

We've been here only 5 years, but I would say that this year seems to
have had the heaviest leaf fall. But, I would also say that where the
leaves fall depends on the wind direction. ...

Yes, definitely, but that's not relevant here. My garden is such
that essentially all of 'my' leaves will fall in it, and they can't
blow out because of the fences etc. In a windy year, I get more of
the neighbours' leaves, but not enough to make much difference.

You said in a reply that you have had more wheelbarrow loads on the
compost heap this year. I assume you just rake them up and don't use a
leaf vacuum to collect them. ...

Yes.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.