Old 24-12-2016, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dwarf phalaenopsis

On 23/12/16 16:31, John Rye wrote:
Hello Jeff

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:
Anyone else have trouble with these?

Big Snip

I picked up one at one of our local "cheapie" stores for £1.35.

It flowered OK and then nearly died. My wife wanted to throw it out, but I
rescued the one green leaf, repotted it in a small pot, Put the pot in a
polythene bag, and gave it a little bottom heat in my windowsill propogator.
It took quite a time, but it recovered, was moved out of the propogator onto
the kitchen windowsill, and has flowered.

Since then it has grown some more and has a new flowering spike coming. It
seems to need to be kept very moist in a very well drained compost.

Cheers

John

Interesting. I hadn't thought of putting it in a polythene bag. As it's
now leafless, I'll wait and see if any new leaves appear. before doing
anything else. It's got 2 or 3 months to come up with the goods...

--

Jeff