Old 08-01-2017, 09:43 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Greenhouse width considerations

On 07/01/2017 19:08, Andrew wrote:
Does anyone have views on the ideal width for a greenhouse - used for
raising plants/tomatoes etc. I am planning a greenhouse 12' long and
either 8' or 10' wide. A wider house takes more space, costs more and
has a greater (more stable?) air volume. But does it increase the
growing space - since there is a practical width for reaching over
staging. Does it simply mean a wider central path? Any views or
practical experiences welcome.

Andrew

I think it depends on whether you are intending to use all of the ground
or just beds (or benches) I have 5 at 8'x14'all with double doors and 4
vents these are have benches to the sides and path in the middle, I have
1 6'x8' which is rubbish, but we use it for growing tom plants in the
ground, I could never see any advantage with 10' but will admit that if
more than one person is in the greenhouse then 10 would be easier than 8'!

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall