Old 29-01-2017, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default does someone recognize this flower

On 29/01/2017 16:57, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jan 2017 18:00:56 +0100, kerrygirl
wrote:

Hello,
Last summer I saw this in a summer pot. Does anyone know what it is
please.

|Filename: 20160727_191903[1].jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16480|
|Filename: 20160727_191851[1].jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16481|

I'm sorely tempted to suggest a white pelargonium, commonly but
incorrectly called geranium, but the leaves aren't right.

Another reason why it's not a pelargonium is that the flowers of
sympetalous (petals fused together) rather than choripetalous (petals
separate).

I make the floral formula K(5)C(5)A2+2G1. Googling finds me a database
of floral formulae by plant family
(http://www.bakoma-tex.com/doc/latex/...r-ex-en-x.pdf), which
tells me that this is Scrophulariaceae. There are relatively few
Scrophulariaceae with zygomorphic (radially symmetric) flowers, and some
googling leads me to Chaenostoma cordatum, also known as Sutera cordata
and Bacopa, which is a common hanging basket plant.

--
SRH