Old 01-02-2017, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet G Janet G is offline

Default Rat behaviour

Rather overrun with rats in the garden at the moment I've resorted to a couple of traditional snap rat-traps. Twice I didn't get round to disposing of a trapped rat only to find that the bodies had disappeared by the next day.. The second time something seemed to have dragged both rat and trap under a polytunnel cover and left the trap by a hole/tunnel about 15 yards away. The trap was completely empty. I can only assume this was another rat. Do rats eat other dead rats or is there any other animal which would behave like this?
Janet G