Old 01-02-2017, 10:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default disappointing Horseradish Sauce

On 01/02/2017 15:43, Broadback wrote:
As lovers of hot, hot, horseradish sauce I decided to make my own. this
morning I dug up the horseradish and made the sauce. The first surprise
was contrary to the writing I was not overcome by fumes. I followed this
recipe.
125ml double cream
3tbsp freshly grated horseradish
1tbsp vinegar

Whip the cream until if holds soft peaks, then stir in the horseradish
and vinegar. Season to taste. Serve with roast beef. This will keep in
the fridge for 2-3 days

It was not what I or my wife wanted, it tasted little of horderadih,
very bland.

Would anyone care to say where I went wrong please?

Are you absolutely sure it was Horse Radish and not a look alike related
plant?

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall