Old 08-02-2017, 09:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cooper Beech & Leylandii

On 07/02/2017 16:41, Master Baggins wrote:
Hi

I have a neighbour who has a 25ft Copper Beech hanging over in my garden
which is not tended at all, plus 4 x 35ft Leylandii which are equally
unloved.

He is an awkward man so I really need to know the best and legal way of
asking him
a) prune and look after his copper beech
and
b) remove leylandii or can they be cut down to a 12 ft size?

These trees are now overshadowing my home (a bungalow) and blocking
light and sunlight

Many thanks
MB

You can cut off anything that intrudes over your boundary (you have to
give back the branches!) but your neighbour is under no obligation to do
anything no matter how big the tree, if its a hedge then the council can
intervene (at your expense)

Best make peace with the neighbour and offer to pay to have the work
carried out

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall