Old 09-02-2017, 04:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Can someone recommend a tree for this purpose?

On 9 Feb 2017 04:31, wrote:
Good day!
Can anyone suggest a fast-growing tree (not a conifer) that grows to about 25ft max, and is suitable for alkaline soil in a southern England coastal location that gets occasional gales in winter? If the tree produces something useful such as edible nuts or medicinal or culinary leaves, that would be a bonus.

My first thought was Quince but I'm not sure on the chalk soil or the
sea winds. Give these people a call and ask.
https://www.ashridgetrees.co.uk/quin...oblonga-vranja
Beautiful trees and useful perfumed fruit.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden