Old 18-02-2017, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Salford Black runner beans

On 18/02/2017 16:47, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
David Rance wrote:

I've been growing runner beans from a black seed on and off for the last
twenty years or so. I suppose that isn't the same thing?

Can't remember where I got them from in the first place.

Apparently the pods develop a sooty black tinge, don't go stringy
and have an unusual flavour. Anyway, what I am looking for is one
with the last characteristic - what are yours like?

I dunno but a quick look on the Manchester Evening News website suggests
they are being grown in Salford at Ordsall Hall. I might pop in and see
if I can buy some from them next time I am over there.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....it-veg-7754894

They claim it is named from Salford's black grimy industrial part.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown