Old 18-02-2017, 06:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default Salford Black runner beans

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 16:47:30 Nick Maclaren wrote:

In article ,
David Rance wrote:

I've been growing runner beans from a black seed on and off for the last
twenty years or so. I suppose that isn't the same thing?

Can't remember where I got them from in the first place.

Apparently the pods develop a sooty black tinge, don't go stringy
and have an unusual flavour. Anyway, what I am looking for is one
with the last characteristic - what are yours like?

Quite ordinary - by comparison - from what I remember. Haven't grown any
for the last few years since I've been on my own though I've still got
the seed. But the seed in the link that Martin gave look just like mine.

A small number of the harvested seed revert to the normal dappled
colours so I guess they're not a true variety.

David