Old 21-02-2017, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Organic Carrots

On 21/02/17 07:23, Nick Maclaren wrote:

Of which 7 don't work at all, to my certain knowledge.

Which 7?

All except the barrier methods and biological controls. I am
unconvinced of the last, on lifecycle grounds.

I wondered about using a combination of methods, Barrier for the main
crop. Then a few carrots several metres from the main crop and some of
those sticky yellow sheets around, maybe with some crushed carrot tops
around them just to add to the attraction. Is there any chance the CRF
would get stuck to the yellow stuff, or do you think they would be
careful enough to ignore it? Or maybe some sacrificial carrots in pots
with a wasp-trap. Could the CRF get out once they were in?

--

Jeff