Old 26-02-2017, 05:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith in England Judith in England is offline

Default Green Tomatoes

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 12:28:55 +0000, Jeff Layman
wrote:

On 26/02/17 10:13, Judith in England wrote:

Read a newspaper story promoting such things: sungreen being one of them.

Any experiences?

No. How do you know when they are ripe?

I have just been to a garden centre and saw some Thompson & Morgan GreenEnvy F1
Hybrid - and bought a packet.

As I was driving home, I had exactly the same thought that you have had!!

The packet says : "Gently press the green fruits to check ripeness, do not be
put off by their colour" !!

I'll report back at the end of the season.

(I had never noticed them in Garden Centres when I had looked for tomato seeds
before)