Old 26-02-2017, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
philgurr philgurr is offline

Default Green Tomatoes

"Judith in England" wrote in message

Read a newspaper story promoting such things: sungreen being one of them.

Any experiences?

I was involved with chrysanthemum breeding work with the Glasshouse
Crops Research Institute in the early 1970's. At that time they were
undertaking a breeding programme on tomatoes and I got to taste some
of the new forms. By far the most delicious was a green fruited seedling
which I immediately declared to be a winner. At that point I was informed
that it would never be marketed as 'housewives would never buy a green
tomato'. How times have changed and it these new ones taste half as
good as the one I tasted, just go for it!

Phil