Old 27-02-2017, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Derek[_6_] Derek[_6_] is offline

Default Compost Bins

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 19:52:18 -0000, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

I'm wondering about one of these plastic conical bins, put it
in at the top, shovel it out at the bottom.

I have four, and in a small garden they work well, if everything added
is fairly small, I add a lot of torn up cardboard wine boxes, once the
bin is full I turn everything out and put it back into another bin,
which had its contents tuned and moved down the line, that way
everything is tunes at least three times, before creating a bin of
good stuff in about seven months, and over the year about 300 ltrs
total.
Two shredders, office one for all the paper, and garden one for all
the twigs etc.
I do keep a dustbin full of garden shredded materiel over the winter,
to slowly add to the kitchen waste as lawn clipping are not available
Cannot stress enough, brown corrugated cardboard is the magic addition