Old 27-02-2017, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Powered patio washer

Ermin Trude wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 15:43:29 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 26/02/17 13:11, Ermin Trude wrote:
It is getting to the time of year when the flagstones will be washed of
the winter grime and slime.

In the past I've used n ordinary pressure washer with a 'fanned' jet to
go over the paving (taking care to avoid the pointing between). As
there is c85sq m of paving to front, sides and rear I'm toying with the
idea of getting a washer with a 'patio' attachment (basically two
spinning jets enclosed within a bowl).

They *seem* to be more efficient in giving a more uniform clean and
also *seem* to offer a quicker option to clean such larger areas.

Can anyone offer any views on them from practical experience please?
Also any preference on makes/models from practical experience.

I had a small Karcher which was OK, but a bit underpowered.When
it aged I replaced it with a Nilfisk

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/nilfisk-alto-e140-3-9-pad-x-tra-cold-water-pre/

This was more powerful, the parts click together much more
easily, and the hose reel is handy.

The biggest problem with a patio brush is sand or grit getting
into the pivot and affecting rotation of the spray arm.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.