Old 28-02-2017, 01:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening,uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Powered patio washer

On 27/02/2017 12:12, Ermin Trude wrote:
On Mon, 27 Feb 2017 11:02:55 +0000, Chris J Dixon wrote:

Ermin Trude wrote:

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 15:43:29 +0000, Jeff Layman wrote:

On 26/02/17 13:11, Ermin Trude wrote:
It is getting to the time of year when the flagstones will be washed
of the winter grime and slime.

In the past I've used n ordinary pressure washer with a 'fanned' jet
to go over the paving (taking care to avoid the pointing between).
As there is c85sq m of paving to front, sides and rear I'm toying
with the idea of getting a washer with a 'patio' attachment
(basically two spinning jets enclosed within a bowl).

I had a small Karcher which was OK, but a bit underpowered.When it aged
I replaced it with a Nilfisk

I was disappointed with the Karchers I'd had - reliability was a bit
questionable and I'm now put off by the price.

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/nilf...ad-x-tra-cold-

water-pre/

This was more powerful, the parts click together much more easily, and
the hose reel is handy.

Yes, I can see the advantage of the reel - hoses can be awkward things.
Is it a 'flow through' or do you have to completely unreel it before use?

Useful advice on the power/click together. Thankyou.

The biggest problem with a patio brush is sand or grit getting into the
pivot and affecting rotation of the spray arm.

Something I'll watch out for.

Have a read of the pressure washer FAQ for a bit more to consider:

http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php/Pressure_washer_FAQ

--
Cheers,

John.